A good reason to borrow
Just because you're short on cash right now doesn't mean you have to forfeit a financially healthy retirement. Contributing to your RRSP on a regular basis will help build a significant nest egg over time. Our RRSP loan offers one of the best rates available, and your first payment can be deferred until May, typically when you receive your income tax refund and can use it to pay down your loan.
- Borrow up to $5,000
- Repay over 2 years
- First payment can be deferred until May
- Lots of RRSP contribution room? Ask about a "Catch Up" RRSP Loan.
- Want to 'top-up' your RRSP contribution? Use an RRSP loan to increase your annual contribution by 40% or more and pay back your loan with your tax refund.
- Don't want to fill out an application every year? Contact us about our new RRSP Line-of-Credit.
Benefits of borrowing for your RRSP Expand/Collapse
- Maximize your tax break.
- Grown your investment with tax-free compounding.
- Top-up unused RRSP contribution room from previous years.
- Top-up this year's RRSP contribution.
- Use your income tax refund to help pay down your loan.
- Take up to two years to pay off your remaining balance.
Get started now
You can apply online, in-person at your branch or by phone - call our Member Solutions Centre at 1.800.598.2891.