Registered Retirement Income Fund (RRIF)
Registered Retirement Income Funds (RRIFs) are a popular form of retirement income. While you do not contribute directly to a RRIF, funds can be transferred from a RRSP, another RRIF, a Registered Pension Plan, or a commuted RRSP annuity. At age 71, all RRSP investments must be converted to a RRIF or annuity, or cashed.
RRIFs are similar to a RRSP with the exception that you must take some taxable payments from your RRIF on an annual basis. You choose the payment level as long as it meets the minimum levels set out by the government.
Tandia has a number of investment options available to be held within a RRIF.
RRIF Investments - 1 to 5 Year Expand/Collapse
- Minimum $500, non-redeemable
- A safe and important component of any investment portfolio
- Interest compounds on each anniversary date and notices are provided prior to maturity
Step RRIFs Expand/Collapse
A Step Term Deposit is an excellent investment alternative in times of low interest rates, as you are assured that each year your interest will increase. As with all our term deposits, the principal and return is guaranteed and it qualifies for deposit insurance protection.
Short Term RRIF Investments Expand/Collapse
- 3, 6 and 9 month terms, minimum $1,000, non-redeemable
- A good 'holding' vehicle for your investment while you wait to see if rates improve or to assist in timing investment maturity dates to better meet your needs
Tiered Variable RRIF Account Expand/Collapse
- No minimum deposit
- Tiered interest - the higher your balance, the higher your interest
- Funds may be withdrawn/transferred at any time (subject to applicable withholding taxes)
Deposits insured by the Deposit Insurance Corporation of Ontario. Deposits in registered plans are fully insured. Other Canadian dollar deposits insured up to $100,000. For further information on deposit insurance, please ask for a brochure, call DICO at 1.800.268.6653 or log on to the website at www.dico.com.