Earn a higher return on your savings
The Tandia is pleased to offer members a wide range of market-competitive fixed rate term deposits with terms from 30 days to five years. Some fixed rate term deposits are eligible to be held in registered plans, depending on the term selected. Interest is guaranteed for the term and at maturity the deposit is reinvested into a similar term unless otherwise instructed by the member.
Long Term Deposits - 1 to 5 Year Expand/Collapse
- A minimum deposit of $500 is required ($100 minimum deposit for YouthSavers or trust accounts).
- 1 - 5 Year Term Deposits are non-redeemable.
- Interest will be paid annually to your deposit account of choice.
- Additional interest payment options are available to suit your budget upon request - semi-annual (.125% less) and monthly (minimum $5,000 deposit, .25% less).
- If you prefer to reinvest the interest earned on your deposit rather than take the payment, interest can automatically compound annually.
- It's easy to keep track - your regular statement of account indicates your principal investment, the rate, term, maturity date and date of next interest payment. Details are also accessible at anytime through online banking.
Short Term Deposits - 30 to 364 Days Expand/Collapse
- A minimum deposit of $1,000 is required and it is non-redeemable.
- Short Term Deposits are non-redeemable.
Cashable Term Deposit - 1 Year Expand/Collapse
- A minimum deposit of $500 is required ($100 minimum for YouthSavers trust accounts).
- Monthly interest payments (at .25% less) are available for minimum deposits of $5,000.
- 0 - 90 days – no interest paid.
- 91 - 364 days - No penalty; interest will be paid for the number of days on deposit at the full interest rate in effect on the date of the deposit.
- At maturity, it will renew once again as a cashable one year term deposit.
Index Linked Term Deposits Expand/Collapse
An Index Linked Term Deposit presents a safe way to participate in Canadian Equity markets, with a return based on the average growth of the major market indices. Your principal is guaranteed, yet you can benefit from the potential for a higher return.
Pay Day Term Deposits Expand/Collapse
It makes good dollars and sense to set up a payroll deduction or automatic transfer to deposit into a PayDay Term Deposit that allows you to systematically build your savings over time. Many members enjoy the convenience of painlessly saving by having a set amount deducted right from their pay cheque. They also appreciate the discipline of a term deposit product with minimal (but some) restrictions on access.
Step Term Deposits Expand/Collapse
A Step Term Deposit is an excellent investment alternative in times of low interest rates, as you are assured that each year your interest will increase. As with all our term deposits, the principal and return is guaranteed and it qualifies for deposit insurance protection.
Get started now
Contact us or call our Member Solutions Centre at 1.800.598.2891 to arrange yours today.
Deposits insured by the Deposit Insurance Corporation of Ontario. Deposits in registered plans are fully insured. Other Canadian dollar deposits insured up to $100,000. For further information on deposit insurance, please ask for a brochure, call DICO at 1.800.268.6653 or log on to the website at www.dico.com.