1. Is Samsung Pay available for both personal and business members of Tandia Financial Credit Union?
Samsung Pay is currently only available to Tandia members with a personal account who have Tandia Financial Credit Union MEMBER CARD® debit card.
2. Which devices can I use with Samsung Pay?
Samsung Pay is supported on the following Samsung devices: Galaxy S9 & S9+, Galaxy S8 & S8+, Galaxy S7 & S7 edge, Galaxy S6, S6 edge & S6 edge+, Galaxy Note9/Note8/Note5, Galaxy A8/A5, Gear Sport, Gear S3 Frontier/Classic and Galaxy Watch.
3. Can I use Samsung Pay to pay for online purchases?
The ability to pay online with Samsung Pay and your Tandia debit card is only with select merchants.
4. How do I make my Tandia debit card my default card in Samsung Pay?
You can't set a default card in Samsung Pay. The last card used or viewed would be the card defaulted for payment. Swipe left and right to scroll through your payment cards and select the one you want to use for payment.
5. Can I add a second account or card to Samsung Pay?
Yes, you can have up to 10 cards in the Samsung Pay app.
6. How many devices can I add my card(s) to?
You can add your Tandia debit card to the Samsung Pay app on any number of Samsung devices.
7. What are the terms & conditions of my Tandia debit card in Samsung Pay?
Samsung Pay is governed in accordance with the terms and conditions that you accepted when you added your card to Samsung Pay and the Member Card Agreement that you signed when you received your card.
8. Why am I being asked to call Tandia Financial Credit Union?
Tandia treats the protection of your financial information very seriously. If you're asked to call us as part of the card activation process, it's because we need to verify your card to protect you from fraud.
9. Where can I pay with Samsung Pay?
You can use your Tandia debit card with Samsung Pay anywhere you see these three symbols.
10. Will I have to sign a receipt or enter a PIN when paying with Samsung Pay?
No, Samsung Pay purchases are verified using fingerprints, iris scans or PIN (personal identification number).
11. Is there a maximum dollar amount for a purchase?
Samsung Pay doesn't limit transaction amounts but individual retailers may. In Ontario, it's common to see limits of $100 per transaction.
12. Am I subject to a daily spending limit?
There is a daily spending limit attached to your Tandia debit card. This helps protect you from loss due to unauthorized use of your card. Any withdrawals you make from your account using your Tandia debit card will count toward this limit. This includes purchases at retail locations, ATM transactions and now Samsung Pay.
13. Is there a cost to using Samsung Pay?
No, Samsung Pay is free to use. However, each Samsung Pay payment will count as a transaction on your account. If you pay transaction fees on your account or you exceed the monthly transaction limit you could pay a fee for your Samsung Pay transactions.
14. How do I know when a purchase is complete?
Your transactions will show a checkmark with a "Payment completed" message.
15. Does Samsung Pay work internationally?
Samsung Pay using your Tandia debit card works wherever Interac® Flash is accepted. Currently, Interac Flash is only accepted in Canada.
16. How do I view recent Samsung Pay transactions?
To view your most recent transactions, open the Samsung Pay app and select the card you want to view the transactions for. Your mobile payment transactions will also show up on your monthly banking statement, the same as all other transactions made using your physical card.
17. Will I get a notification on my phone for a declined transaction?
Yes, you will get notifications for declined transactions, just as you would for successful ones. Check your account records for your current balance and transaction status.
18. Why does the transaction history on my phone not include purchases made with my watch?
Each device only displays transactions performed with that device, since the virtual "card number" on your watch is different than the "card number" on your phone. This security feature helps us to manage situations when a device (either the watch or the phone) is lost, stolen or upgraded.
19. How do I get a refund?
Refunds are initiated by the retailer at the payment terminal following the same process as a purchase, with one exception. The cashier may ask you for the last four digits of your Device Account Number. To find the last four digits of your Device Account Number for your card, tap the (i) or (...) button on your card in the Samsung Pay app to view the back of your card.
When you return a purchase made with Samsung Pay you will receive a refund to your account. Successful refunds will be processed immediately.