Tandia’s ‘We Want to Invest in You’ Wealth Offer
Tandia Financial Credit Union is offering a one percent bonus (1.0% Cash Bonus Offer) from November 16, 2022 to new and existing Members. This offer is subject to the sole discretion of Tandia Financial Credit Union and to their satisfaction of the eligibility criteria set forth in terms and conditions listed below.
To qualify for the 1.0% Cash Bonus Offer, Tandia Members must satisfy all of the following eligibility criteria:
1. Tandia Members who have achieved the age of majority in Canada.
2. Tandia Members who are retail Members.
3. Registered and non-registered cash, investments, or a combination thereof (“New Assets”) must be transferred into a new or existing investment account at Credential Asset Management Inc., or Qtrade Advisor (collectively, the “Qualifying Accounts”) from an investment firm account outside of Tandia Financial Credit Union, Credential Asset Management Inc., Credential Qtrade Securities Inc., Credential Financial Strategies and Qtrade Direct Investing. Options, personal mortgages, units of limited partnerships or securities that are not listed on a recognized exchange or quoted on a recognized quotation or trade reporting system or other market recognized by Tandia Financial Credit Union cannot be transferred in as New Assets.
4. The transfer of New Assets from an investment firm into a Qualifying Account must be initiated no earlier than Nov 15, 2022 at 9:00 am EST (the specific date of transfer is referred to as the “Transfer-In Date”). Offer expires end of day Dec 31, 2022
5. New Assets must be received into a Qualifying Account no later than 4:00 pm EST on Feb 28, 2023. The 1.0% Cash Bonus Offer will be paid after Feb 28, 2023 but no later than March 31, 2023 on New Assets that qualify (Qualifying Investments). Qualifying Investments are all investments held in a Qualifying Account other than Non-Qualifying Investments. Non-Qualifying Investments include the following: cash, money market funds, premium savings accounts, GICs, options, personal mortgages, fixed income securities with a duration of less than six months, shares of CCPCs, units of limited partnerships, or securities that are not listed on a recognized exchange or quoted on a recognized quotation or trade reporting system or other market recognized by Tandia Financial Credit Union in its sole discretion (collectively, “Non-Qualifying Investments”).
6. Qualifying Investments must be received on or before Feb 28, 2023 and must remain in a Qualifying Account.
7. Qualifying Investments must have a minimum market value, as determined by the valuation method set forth herein, of $10,000 per type of Qualifying Account held at Credential Asset Management Inc., or Qtrade Advisor.
8. Qualifying Accounts can be (a) registered retirement savings plan accounts; (b) spousal registered retirement savings plan accounts; (c) locked-in registered retirement savings plan accounts; (d) registered retirement income fund accounts; (e) spousal registered retirement income fund accounts; (f) life income fund accounts; (g) tax free savings accounts; (h) non-registered accounts.
Valuation and Payment
9. At the time of receiving the 1.0% Cash Bonus Offer the Member must be a resident of Canada.
10. Valuation of Qualifying Investments will be based on the market value of the Qualifying Investments as of 4:00 pm EST on the Transfer-In Date. If New Assets are transferred in over more than one day, the value for all Qualifying Investments will be based on the date the last New Asset arrived.
11. The amount of the 1.0% Cash Bonus Offer will be 1.0% of the market value of the Qualifying Investments provided the Net Qualifying Investments are $10,000.00 or more. The maximum bonus payable is $750.00 per Member.
12. The 1.0% Cash Bonus Offer is determined by Tandia Financial Credit Union in its sole discretion and is payable on new assets that qualify (Qualifying Investments) after Feb 28, 2023 but no later than March 31, 2023.
13. The 1.0% Cash Bonus Offer will be deposited into a non-registered cash account and will be made in the depositing currency.
14. U.S. dollar accounts will be converted at prescribed rates in effect at Tandia Financial Credit Union, Credential Asset Management Inc. or Qtrade Advisor as applicable, as of the Transfer-In Date in order to determine whether Members qualify for the amounts payable pursuant to the 1.0% Cash Bonus Offer. All amounts paid will be paid in the currency in which the Qualifying Investments were denominated at the time of receipt, up to the maximum in Canadian dollars that is expressed herein.
15. All payments pursuant to the 1.0% Cash Bonus Offer will be made by Tandia Financial Credit Union.
16. You have until April 15, 2023 to notify Tandia Financial Credit Union if the Cash Bonus Offer has not been deposited into the Qualifying Account. Any notice received after this date, will not be accepted and you will be deemed not to have qualified for the Offer.
17. This offer can not be combined with any other offer.
18. Tandia Financial Credit Union reserves the right at any time without prior notice and in its sole discretion, to add, alter, modify all or any of these terms and conditions or to replace this offer, wholly or in part, with any other offer, whether similar to this offer or not, or to withdraw this offer altogether. Tandia reserves the right to suspend, disqualify, limit or revoke this Offer to any Member it finds or believes to be manipulating or otherwise abusing the process, fairness, or integrity of the 1.0% Cash Bonus Offer.
19. Additional terms and conditions apply to opening an account with Tandia Financial Credit Union, Credential Asset Management Inc., and Qtrade Advisor, and the transfer in, and operation of, accounts at any of Tandia Financial Credit Union, Credential Asset Management Inc., and Qtrade Advisor.
20. Tandia Financial Credit Union shall have the exclusive right to determine the amounts, if any, payable under any offer.
21. All new accounts with Credential Asset Management Inc., and Qtrade Advisor will be opened as nominee accounts.
22. Tandia Financial Credit Union, Credential Asset Management Inc. and Qtrade Advisor are not responsible for transfers that are not initiated or received and completed by the dates stated in Sections 4 and 5 due to problems or technical malfunctions of telephone networks or lines, computer online systems or servers, computer software problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any other delays on the part of the delivering institution.
23 Tandia Financial Credit Union representatives that are not registered with Credential Asset Management Inc., and Qtrade Advisor will not be involved in any investment decision involving a Qualifying Account held at Credential Asset Management Inc., and Qtrade Advisor.
24. The Credential Asset Management Inc., and Qtrade Advisor representative managing a Qualifying Account must be affiliated with Tandia Financial Credit Union.
25. Online brokerage services are offered through Qtrade Direct Investing, a division of Credential Qtrade Securities Inc. Credential Financial Strategies Inc. offers financial planning, life insurance and investments to members of credit unions and their communities. Mutual funds are offered through Credential Asset Management Inc. Mutual funds and other securities are offered through Qtrade Advisor, a division of Credential Qtrade Securities Inc. Commissions, trailing commissions, management fees and expenses all may be associated with mutual fund investments. Please read the prospectus before investing. Unless otherwise stated, cash balances, mutual funds and other securities are not covered by the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation or by any other government deposit insurer that insures deposits in credit unions. There can be no assurances that the money market fund will be able to maintain its net asset value per security at a constant amount or that the full amount of your investment in the fund will be returned to you. Mutual funds and other securities are not guaranteed, their values change frequently and past performance may not be repeated.